Whatever the occasion, Julie’s Grills To Go is your solution for smoking delicious meats and seafood, without breaking the bank.
Our high-quality smoking equipment can help you create great BBQ.
Smoking a cost-effective yet delicious Boston Pork Butt is sure to impress your guests.
- Apply your favorite rub to a Boston Butt and let rest as the smoker is prepared, approximately 30 minutes.
- Prepare your smoker using natural charcoal and wood chunks. For a milder smoke use pecan or apple chunks. For a more pronounced smoke use hickory.
- Once your smoker is running at a consistent 225 degrees Fahrenheit, place the pork on the smoker fat side up, and positioned for indirect heat.
- Smoke the pork for 4-5 hours, then wrap the pork tightly with butcher paper and return the pork back to the smoker to continue the cooking process until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit. This can take up to 14 hours depending on the size of the meat. (The wrapping method can be skipped if a more developed bark is desired).
- Remove the pork from the smoker when done and let rest for at least 60 minutes.
Pull and shred pork and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Leave A Comment